Seminar Event Detail

RTG Seminar on Number Theory

Date:  Monday, January 10, 2022
Location:  Virtual (4:00 PM to 5:00 PM)

Title:  Harish-Chandra bimodules in complex rank

Abstract:   Deligne tensor categories are defined as an interpolation of the categories of representations of groups GL_n, O_n, Sp_{2n} or S_n to the complex values of the parameter n. One can extend many classical representation-theoretic notions and constructions to this context. These complex rank analogs of classical objects provide insights into their stable behavior patterns as n goes to infinity.
I will talk about some of my results on Harish-Chandra bimodules in Deligne categories. It is known that in the classical case simple Harish-Chandra bimodules admit a classification in terms of W-orbits of certain pairs of weights. However, the notion of weight is not well-defined in the setting of Deligne categories. I will explain how in complex rank the above-mentioned classification translates to a condition on the corresponding (left and right) central characters.
Another interesting phenomenon arising in complex rank is that there are two ways to define Harish-Chandra bimodules. That is, one can either require that the center acts locally finitely on a bimodule M or that M has a finite K-type. The two conditions are known to be equivalent for a semi-simple Lie algebra in the classical setting, however, in Deligne categories that is no longer the case. I will talk about a way to construct examples of Harish-Chandra bimodules of finite K-type using the ultraproduct realization of Deligne categories.

Files:

Speaker:  Alexandra Utiralova
Institution:  MIT

Event Organizer:   Kartik Prasanna   

Edit this event (login required).
Add new event (login required).
For access requests and instructions, contact math-webmaster@umich.edu

Back to previous page
Back to UM Math seminars/events page.